.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm the New York Times

I'm a technology manager in a non-technology company. When speaking with one of the company executives recently, I was told that a "liaison" would be fielding some of the calls which ordinarily would come to me, so that there are no misunderstandings due to non-tech folks trying to communicate their issues and needs to a tech critter such as myself.

Now, I take a reasonable amount of pride in my communication skills. I am able to navigate my way through a board of directors meeting with relative ease and not come across as a buffoon or a completely unskilled, socially awkward nerd.

So I mentioned this to a coworker, and she recognized how little I need a "buffer" between myself and the sales drones. To illustrate this, she told me, "You're like the New York Times and everyone else is the Daily News".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home