.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

On the other hand

I don't know anyone who is actually insulted or offended when someone offers them a "Merry Christmas". As far as I can tell, the only ones who are getting offended are the ones who don't like to see / hear / read "Happy Holidays".

To all those who are offended by "Happy Holidays", I offer a heartfelt "Happy Buddha's Birthday" (belatedly, because it's celebrated in May). To everyone else, a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah (or Hannukah), Happy Kwanzaa, Joyous Zeusmas, Frolicky Beelzebub-day, and a Relatively Pleasant Zarathustra-Fete.

2 Comments:

  • :)

    I just say Merry Christmas regardless. It is much too difficult trying to figure out the appropriate greeting for each individual.

    I figure if anyone is offended, then I actually DON'T want to wish them a happy anything and they are probably the sort of people I would end up offending by something else anyway.

    If anyone would prefer that I wish them a Happy something else, then all they have to do is tell me and I will think about it.

    By Blogger suze, at 4:32 AM  

  • In real actual life, whatever greeting someone offers me, I offer back. If I am the first to offer the greeting, it'll be Happy Holidays.

    By Blogger David, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home