.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Libertarianism or Freedom?

From Strike The Root:

Sure, it would be nice to live in a “society” that is dedicated to libertarian ideals. But there is no such thing, and in a world of unfriendly States, it wouldn’t survive long. Or is your aim world salvation? Then you are way out of your depth, my friend. Do you really think you can take on six billion people and hundreds of States? (If you can, then what are you waiting for? Go for it!)

I for one am not able to do it. And seriously, I’m not the least interested. I live for myself first and foremost, and then come my family and friends. I do not care to save the world if I can find freedom for myself and the ones I love without doing it. Why should I? I’m nobody’s slave; I do as I please simply because I want to. It would be nice to live in a free world, but I don’t think it is worth the trouble. I’d rather be free now, on my own, than break free along with millions of strangers 40 or 50 years from now.

Isn’t this what individualism is all about? One has to make one’s own choices, for oneself and the ones willing to follow. If they do not want the freedom I want, then why the hell should I spend my time and money on making them share my ideals and go with me? I’m no selfless Samaritan or a slave of the peoples; I’m my own.

Thanks No Treason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home