.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Am I a Spoil Sport?

Whenever I get e-mails from people which are funny or ironic but unlikely to have actually happened, the first place I go is Snopes. My instincts are usually right, and these things are usually not true. Is it bad sport of me to tell people that they've been had, and is it better to let them continue to be deluded while I can secretly snicker at them? Someone at work got annoyed with me for debunking their funny photos. As I told them, they're still funny, they're just not real.

2 Comments:

  • Why do you tell people?

    I usually ignore and delete such things for two reasons:
    a) I assume most people are asleep and don't want to know the truth.
    b) I assume people would look it up themselves if they really wanted to know if it was true.

    By Blogger suze, at 1:03 AM  

  • Why do you tell people?

    Um. Hm. Uhh.

    I don't know. Cuz I'm stupid? Not meant sarcastically.

    By Blogger David, at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home