.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Harriet Miers confirmation hearing imagined

Catallarchy links to a clairvoyant who has foreseen the Harriet Miers confirmation hearing:
Harriet Miers walks into the Senate Judiciary Committee’s confirmation hearings. Arlen Specter asks her, “Ms. Miers, how would you describe your approach to interpreting the Constitution?”

Miers, visibly excited, says, “I’m glad you asked. My approach is really quite interesting. I think you’ll like it.”

“Well then,” Specter says. “Let’s hear it.”

Miers launches into an explanation: “Well, first thing I do is find a fairly quiet room with a clean desk. I put the Constitution on one side of the desk, and a Bible on the other. I then completely disrobe, as to be completely unfettered for the job at hand.”

“Uh, Ms. Miers, I’m not sure that—”

“I then take the Constitution and stick it all the way up my ass. This is fairly difficult, because I like to use a large, leather-bound version, but I’ve gotten much better at it. It’s usually just the gold-plated index tabs that hurt.”

It gets better...

See here for the inspiration for the posting...

2 Comments:

  • Some of you guys are upset about this right??!! ;-)

    By Anonymous Ruth, at 1:07 AM  

  • Some people are upset. I couldn't give a flying fark. I just thought this post was really funny.

    By Blogger David, at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home