.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

More important things to do

Far more important than the usual political blatherings and bloviations which emanate from this locale, I have wonderful news to report. I have learned how to make juicy chicken on my gas grill. You see, for the longest time, when grilling chicken, I had been purchasing skinless, boneless cutlets. Sometimes the thin-sliced variety. Sometimes the "chicken tenders" variety. However, I have never been able to make it come out well. Invariably, the chicken comes out either dried out, or if I try to cook it for less time, it is undercooked. This experience had soured me on the whole prospect of grilling chicken.

However, LewRockwell.com came to the rescue, via this blog posting. I'm not at all sure why I haven't been trying to grill non-de-boned, non-de-skinned chicken. I believe I may have tried a long time ago and it didn't come out well.

Well let me tell you, I have been wrong wrong wrong in what I've been doing, and I have now seen the light. Last night, I purchased some chicken parts (breasts, thighs, legs, with bones and skin intact) and some red potatoes. Doused the chicken parts in barbecue sauce, precooked the potatoes in the microwave, then wrapped them in aluminum foil. Threw the whole thing on the grill, turned and re-slathered the chicken with sauce every few minutes. Used my meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the largest breast, and when it was just approaching 180F (about half an hour later), took the whole mess off the grill.

My goodness was that a feast. Just chicken and potatoes. The chicken was fully cooked but very juicy and tasty in its sauce, and the potatoes were awesome with a little butter and salt.

A new meal to add to the repertoire, which is always a good thing when dieting...

4 Comments:

  • Yum! Who needs greens.

    A very useful post. Not that I cook a lot, but if I did...

    By Blogger suze, at 1:30 AM  

  • Greens are just to fill out the plate and make it look like a well-rounded meal. They're not actually for eating, especially not in the privacy of one's own home.

    By Blogger David, at 8:25 AM  

  • There is nothing more boring than boneless chicken breasts.I think I will post on this ;-)

    By Anonymous Ruth, at 8:29 PM  

  • Yeah greens look pretty!

    By Blogger suze, at 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home