.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Monday, June 20, 2005

Crab ad update

As of this morning, only four of the five Google ads in my sidebar (click on some of em, dammit, I need those nickels!) were for crabs. In all likelihood, this posting will bring that number back up to the full five.

Pondering a new superhero name: Crabmonger? Crabhustler? Crabman!

Would that be a good band name? The Crabmen? No no, there might be women in the band (are you listening, Suze?). Crabman and the Crustaceans?

I'm usually not this random until Friday afternoon.

That is all.

7 Comments:

  • Yeah, it is very early in the week for randomness. Maybe it's the planetary alignments ;)

    I didn't realise you got money if people click on the ads. I only click on the music and god ads.

    Personally I wouldn't care if a band I was in was called the whatever-men. However I don't think I'd be in a crab-anything band!

    By Anonymous suze, at 4:30 PM  

  • Ok then, I'm starting a band called "The Whatever Men Sans Crabs"!!

    By Blogger David, at 4:35 PM  

  • Excellent!

    I'd join, but there is the little transport issue.

    By Blogger suze, at 4:43 PM  

  • That's very glass-is-half-empty defeatist thinking, Suze.

    By Blogger David, at 7:58 PM  

  • So that is how the Google ads work - or are you kidding?!

    By Anonymous Ruth, at 9:07 PM  

  • Google ads pay when someone clicks on them. If a bazillion people load my pages but no one clicks on an ad, I get nada. The higher the click-through percentage, the more paid per click. It is literally a couple of pennies (1 - 5 usually) per click-through.

    By Blogger David, at 9:18 PM  

  • Maybe I should've been nicer to the angels. They must be able to teleport me and my bass amp halfway across the world.

    I think I'll try a clicking experiment. There are some relatively interesting ads at the moment (eg news gator).

    By Blogger suze, at 4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home