.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Been waiting for this

Rush To Begin Work On Album
Rush frontman Geddy Lee has reportedly announced that he will begin work on the group's next studio album in the fall, according to New Jersey rock station WDHA-FM (105.5). Citing 2005 as a 'family year,' Lee was hoping to get bored enough over the summer in preparation for the rigors of recording a new CD. He also stated that he hoped to begin the new disc sometime 'after the World Series.'

So give them half a year to record it and half a year for post-production, and maybe we'll see the album towards the end of 2006? I'm just glad to hear they're still in the game.

7 Comments:

  • The World Series? What/when is that?

    By Blogger suze, at 4:51 PM  

  • Hehehe how Americo-centric of me. The World Series (which is a strictly US thing (how arrogantly Americo-centric of us!)) is the baseball championship series. It takes place in October.

    By Blogger David, at 4:56 PM  

  • Finally found my Rush cd. It is not what I expected at all!

    By Blogger suze, at 4:16 PM  

  • Caress of Steel, right? Not one of my favorites of theirs, but a couple of good songs, notably "Bastille Day" and "Lakeside Park". "I Think I'm Going Bald" is probably the stupidest song in their entire catalog.

    By Blogger David, at 4:54 PM  

  • Yep. Caress of Steel.

    I didn't hate it, but I didn't like so much that I'd replace it if I lost it.

    I might go with their new release next.

    By Anonymous suze, at 10:25 PM  

  • rush nearly lost their record contract after caress of steel. it was a disaster. so, they released 2112 thinking it would be their last and it, ironically, was their breakthrough album.

    By Anonymous sean, at 10:30 AM  

  • i think i'm going bald resulted from geddy lee's experience of losing hair while under stress of touring...agree it's stupid, but fun to play the opening riff on guitar.

    By Anonymous sean, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home