.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Autonomism: Interesting site / philsophy

Via this post over on LRC, I was introduced to a "philosophy" called Automonism. I'm just now starting to read about it over on the first site that Google referred to me, and it sounds very much like Objectivism, but this is the first money quote to strike me about it:
The autonomist hates to explain and resents the implication that he must make anyone else understand anything he does. There is a temptation to say an autonomist is someone who goes through life doing things he knows will annoy and irritate others just to annoy and irritate them. An autonomist might do that if he gave rap about what anyone else thinks. He doesn't. That's why the things he does annoy and irritate others.

Anyone who's read my postings will know why that speaks to me.

UPDATE: From the same site, I was reminded of one of my favorite Ambrose Bierce quotes:

An election is nothing more than an advance auction of stolen goods.


2 Comments:

  • I like this philosophy already! I can see why it would speak to you :)

    I have never come across that particular Bierce quote. I like it. I will probably steal it. My next political post can just be a collection of quotes rather than actual information or opinion :)

    By Blogger suze, at 6:55 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger 'Thought & Humor', at 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home