.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Word count

For those who care, I am roughly 38,000 words into my novel, which translates into (even more roughly) 120 book pages. I have now begun Part 2 of the story, which is in a completely different setting (time period and locale), so it's essentially a completely different story. The speed with which I'm writing has slowed significantly, but the sheer amount of what I've done so far is inspiration for me to continue to completion. Based on where I am in the story, I figure it'll be somewhere between 80,000 and 90,000 words when complete. I am definitely eyeing publication. I've gotten positive reviews from my wife, who is completely not into this genre, so since a lot of what gets published is absolute crap, I figure I have a reasonable chance of getting published, which would be the coolest frigging thing the world.

1 Comments:

  • Came across your blog by chance. From one aspiring novelist to another - write on!

    By Anonymous j newnham, at 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home