.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Shrines to oneself

Why do people surround themselves with pictures of themselves?

There is a woman with whom I work indirectly, whose cubicle I pass fairly frequently. It may or may not matter that this woman is a rather buxom lass who dresses to accentuate her ample assets. Not in a slutty fashion but definitely in a noticeable fashion. Her cubicle is adorned with photos of herself in various settings. Photos with groups of friends, photos with groups of guys, a photo of her in her halloween costume (Catwoman!). In all, there are perhaps ten photos plastered around her cube. Large, 8x10 printouts.

Now, I have a few photos on my desk. My wedding photo, and a few of my kids. Personally, I don't want to look at photos of myself. I can understand wanting to have photos of people who mean something to me, but to surround oneself with (many) pictures of oneself just seems odd to me. Is she doing it for herself, or is she doing it to show off to the rest of us? I wonder if she has many pictures of herself at home.

2 Comments:

  • Perhaps she is in love with herself, or she has no one else to have pictures, or she is in love with herself, or she is trying to show a lifestyle off, or she easily forgets herself? Yes I know they all stupid but I tried :oP

    By Blogger Jaws, at 9:42 AM  

  • I don't understand it, but I have known quite a few people who mostly display photos of themselves.

    Of course, choosing to display photos of other people's cars on my desk is probably just as strange.

    By Anonymous suze, at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home