.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A Day in the Life

There's nothing that makes a programmer's blood run cold so much as spending days researching a bug and determining how to correct it, only to discover that the original design for the program was fundamentally flawed and the whole thing will have to be scrapped and rewritten anyway.

Thank Zeus that I wasn't the one who wrote this piece of dreck originally, otherwise I'd have to shoot myself. Twice.

1 Comments:

  • I seem to recall a joke listing different ways of shooting yourself in the foot with the various program languages and tools out there....

    Ah, here it is:

    Shooting yourself in the foot

    You could add Oracle to that with, You can shoot yourself in the foot, if you can pull the right trigger.

    I also read an interesting book on Refactoring Code, where you can get away with rebuilding your bad code using a different approach to hack and slash.

    Brain's too mushy tonight to put my finger on the Amazon book review...

    By Blogger ZenTiger, at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home