.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Writing update

Up to 16,500 words now. I had to take a little bit of a break between Friday and today, because I was at a point where I needed to regroup and figure out more exactly where I was going with things (plus the weekend is not great for writing). Back at word one, I had started with a vague couple of ideas of where I wanted things to go, then I just dove in and let things unfold as they would, without a clear map of how to get from here to there. It was going well, but now it needed to be consciously steered in a particular direction, so I was forced to create some landmarks to steer toward.

I'm being vague in specifics, I know, but I imagine that writers will understand what I'm doing in general. As a first-time novelist, I'm making it up as I go along, but I think I'm doing reasonably well, especially considering that I'd already implented most, if not all, of the creative writing tips I've culled from various places on the Internet before I read them.

Wish me luck, strength, and perseverence.

UPDATE (late Wednesday / early Thursday). Word count = 18215. Wish I wasn't so sleepy. I know where I'm going with things, but I simply need to crash now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home