.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Things women don't understand

So I'm trying to figure out a few small holiday gifts to buy for coworkers. Just token gifts really, nothing more than a few dollars. There's my boss (a man), my staff (two men, two women), and a couple of others (one man, one woman). And I ask my wife if she can think of any small thing to give to, let's say, my boss.

And the first thing she says is, "...you could always get a little candle..."

To which I reply, "Men don't buy other men candles."

I then mention that he likes tea, so maybe a mug and some gourmet tea. So she thinks a bit more and says "Yes, and you could fill the mug with candy..."

At which point, I interrupt her with, "MEN DON'T BUY OTHER MEN CANDY!"

The things women don't understand...

4 Comments:

  • I would take candy from another man.

    By Blogger mquest, at 11:28 AM  

  • :) I'm just a big kid. I find that men are positively surprised if you get them sort of a toy. Try a little remote-controlled car or playmobil viking set! Of course, it depends from person to person... but hey.. Maybe it'll work :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 PM  

  • Ooh and err, that previous comment was from me, Ann-Mi... (Sorry, forgot it comes out as anon..)
    Thanks for popping by :) (http://annmi.modblog.com)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

  • Cigars. For under $10 you can get a decent one. And what self-respecting guy wouldn't appreciate it?

    By Blogger Sarcastic Ornery Barista, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home