.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Incontrovertible proof that IQ tests are horse poop

It is true beyond any shadow of a doubt (reasonable or otherwise) that IQ tests are bogus.  At least online IQ tests.  At least the one I took... (the following is from the e-mail I was sent):
Thank you for taking the IQ Test at www.IQTest.com.

We are confirming that your IQ Test score was: 160

[snip]
Intelligence  Cognitive 

Interval Designation

40 - 55 Mentally disabled (< 1%)
55 - 70 Learning difficulty (2.3%)
70 - 85 Below average
85 - 115 Average (68%)
115 - 130 Gifted
130 - 145 Genius (2.3%)
145 - 160 Extraordinary genius (< 1%)
160+ "Unmeasurable" genius

My first observation is that I am way too much of a dumbfuck to be an "Extraordinary genius". Extraordinary dumbfuck perhaps...

My second, and perhaps more pressing, observation: how did test takers who are "Mentally disabled" manage to take the online IQ test in the first place? No disrespect to disabled people intended, but how many people with a 55 IQ know what to do with a mouse?...

4 Comments:

  • Great thinking, too funny.

    By Blogger ascending angel, at 12:45 AM  

  • Only someone with "Unmeasurable" genius would have connected those dots.

    All hail to thee.

    By Blogger Tim Swanson, at 2:32 AM  

  • I've always figured that the first true sign of intelligence is understanding just how incredibly stupid you are.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

  • I as a Mensa confirmed genius (and I’ve got f*cking papers to prove it, too!) do not take such heresies lightly!

    IQ test results are not bogus; they are a very good indicator showing how capable you are at filling in IQ tests. Nothing more, and nothing less.

    Now, if you’ll excuse me, I will go and divert my huge intellectual capabilities at some worthier cause.

    I will go down to the Heidegger Café and order a double Panhegelian Dialecticious Kantuccino with a sprinkle of Schopenhauer. Then I will try to ponder the possibilities of using sheep bladders in earthquake preventions. And after that I will prove that Fermat’s last theorem was really a groceries list prepared for him by his loving wife.

    By Blogger lemuel, at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home