.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Conclusion

In works of fiction, creative writing courses instruct, there is the climax, followed by the denouement and the conclusion. Often, depending on the author, the conclusion may contain a surprise or two, just to make sure the reader is still paying attention.

Life often imitates art. I wrote last about the denouement to the current chapter of my life, and the conclusion did indeed contain a surprise. Rather than simply being allowed to gracefully bow off of the stage on which I played, I was given the hook, unceremoniously. Not to say it was completely unexpected, but it was unwelcome nevertheless. I had come to believe that I would be allowed to exit in my own fashion, but even that was denied me.

Ah well. All in all, it now gives me better satisfaction to be rid of that situation. I expect to receive no further contact from that particular quarter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home