.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Words from an anarchist

We Need the State, by Gene Callahan
...when I told a person with whom I was conversing that I believe government is unnecessary, he asked me, 'Well, would you rather have governments or terrorists?' He really seemed to believe he had presented me with a stark alternative: do away with government, as I was suggesting, and we'll have a world where people fly airplanes into skyscrapers, bring down large buildings with car bombs, and strap explosives to their bodies, then blow themselves up on a bus, killing scores of innocent passengers. Jeez, when you put it that way, I guess we'd really better keep government around, so we can live in a nice, safe world where none of those things ever happen.

The longer I live, the fewer things government seems to do well, the more I think we need the least government possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home