.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

A nice evening ride...

Just in from my bike ride tonight. This is something I've been doing for the past couple of months. Over the winter, my diet took a big hit, and I was cheating like crazy. I've been getting back into the dieting, not as heavily as when we first started on it, but definitely better than I was doing until recently. So when the weather started turning a bit warmer, I drove over to the Sports Authority and picked myself up a new bike.

I had no clue which ones were good or bad; I just looked at the price and whether it looked comfortable or not. The model I ended up purchasing actually calls itself a "comfort" model. Tell that to my posterior. There is no such thing as a comfortable position on this thing.

The riding is fun, though. I hadn't ridden a bike in many years, probably since college. The first time up on it, I was a little wobbly, but I guess the saying is right regarding never forgetting how to ride. I'm on my bike four or five nights a week -- basically every night that the ground isn't wet. Saturdays are also a night I usually don't go out, because that's our video night.

So, yes, the riding is fun, but I think I need tunes. I don't have any kind of portable audio suitable for bike riding. Perhaps it's time to look into something like an iPod...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home