.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Sunday, May 16, 2004

New Rush Album

Rush is putting out a new disc. An album of covers, amazingly enough. All stuff from the 60's and 70's. Cream, Yardbirds, The Who, guys like that. It's "just" an EP of 8 songs, but hell, I didn't expect anything from them for a couple of years. I guess they were playing some old things while rehearsing for their 30th anniversary tour (which I'm seeing at Jones Beach Theater in August), and they decided to record them. Apparently Geddy said they'll be starting a new studio album next year. I wonder what direction that one will take them. I heard a recording of them doing the Stones' "Paint It Black" at the SARS relief concert in Canada, and it was ok, but nothing special. I hope they rock the hell out of those oldies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home