.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

AgnostoLibertarianTechnoGeek

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Love this show...

Penn & Teller: Bullshit! on Showtime
In Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, the crusaders utilize principles of magic and trickery, as well as good old fashioned 'hidden camera' sting operations, to smoke out these nonsense peddlers and reveal how they operate.

I've only seen an episode or two of this show over the internet, and it's great. They have no qualms in trying to debunk just about anything. One of my favorite quotes from a show on chiropractic "medicine". Penn referred to a chiropractor who did "adjustments" on infants as young as a minute and a half old. Close-up on Penn with a serious, bemused, sad expression on his face:
Please understand that it's a bad idea to crack your baby's not-formed bones. We don't have a gag here. That baby-twisting motherfucker just makes me angry, scared and depressed. We should have just called 911.

Mind you, I don't want to pay for Showtime, nor do I want to pay for the episodes on DVD, so I guess I won't be seeing much of it, but these guys are great. Saw them on Broadway years ago, for the "Refrigerator Tour".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home